Friday, November 04, 2005

Please tell me again, why are we there?

For all of you champions of a "sovereign" and "independent" Iraq:
Talabani: Iraq cannot stop US using bases against Syria
http://www.middle-east-online.com/english/?id=14909
"Iraqi President Jalal Talabani said he opposed military action against neighbouring Syria but lacked the power to prevent US troops from using his country as a launchpad if it chose to do so." (emphasis by Vox)
"I categorically refuse the use of Iraqi soil to launch a military strike against Syria or any other Arab country,...But at the end of the day my ability to confront the US military is limited and I cannot impose on them my will."


Gee, what is this called? A MILITARY OCCUPATION! (hmm, if a country is occupied by a foreign military that it does not control, is it truly "democratic"?)

- Vox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home