Sunday, December 07, 2008

Eric B & Rakim - Casualties of War

Eric B & Rakim's Casualties of War is one of my favorite joints (excuse me, I'm dating myself...)...um...songs...

Released in 1992, this song barely got any notice, and I never heard any airplay. I was surprised to see that they made a video for the song. I'm not at all surprised that I've never seen it. Like the song, it hits pretty hard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glpvb5EQ4Ks

Favorite verse:
"Go to the Army, be all you can be
Another dead soldier? Hell no, not me
So I start letting off ammunition in every direction
Allah is my only protection
But wait a minute, Saddam Hussein prays the same
and this is Asia, from where I came
I'm on the wrong side, so change the target
Shooting at the general; and where's the sergeant?
Blame it on John Hardy Hawkins for bringing me to America
Now it's mass hysteria
I get a rush when I see blood, dead bodies on the floor
CASUALTIES OF WAR!"

- Vox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home