Friday, November 21, 2008

I did Not Vote For Barack Obama...

...I voted for Cynthia McKinney (you didn't think I voted for McCain, did you?). This was not a protest vote, or even a statement vote, other than to help support a third party. Oh, and the fact that Cynthia Mckinney has a very distinguished congressional record, more impressive to me than even the "O" man himself. See for yourself...

I think third party representation is vital if we are going to discuss REAL issues during a campaign, which is like 2 years long. Geez, discussing the same 2 or 3 issues for 2 years straight can get pretty monotonous. And unless the two party establishment (with the corporate media in tow) is FORCED to include a third party in debates, they won't do it.

One of the main goals of a third party is to achieve 5% of the national vote. That way they can receive certain public funds for their campaign and conventions, otherwise it's a struggle. As it ended up, no third party candidate even came close to 5%
Anyway, here's how they finished:

Ralph Nader: 672,774 (0.55 %)
Bob Barr: 497,206
Chuck Baldwin: 179,035
Cynthia McKinney: 145,725


Anyway, I knew Obama would carry New York State, so I voted my conscience.

- A hopeful Vox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home