Monday, July 18, 2005

Crappy and the Crappy Factory

(Thanks, Nik)

The lack of creativity in Hollywood has reached new levels after watching the horribly inept Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. The reasons I couldn't stand the movie are numerous; the Oompa Loompa(s) and their songs, the Willy Wonka character, the dialogue, the story.

I love Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and consider myself an expert on the subject, and I know this one is supposed to be a closer representation of the book than the original, but that's no excuse for Tim Burton et al to come up with this piece of crap. That being said, I'm sure the kids will love it.

Oh, Gene Wilder and Jack Albertson, where are you?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll sing to you (while stirring a big pot of hot clothes with a giant spoon),"Cheer up Howie, just be glad you're you..."

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can do the chorus....."Cheer up Howie"

-Floatinghead

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home